I love a Twice-Baked Potato with a steak or with prime rib! There is just no better duo!
I have been making these Twice-Baked Potatoes since high school and usually I just wing the recipe but I actually measured everything out and wrote it down this last time! These cheesy, creamy, delicious potatoes are a treat to go with any meal!
- 4 baking potatoes
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup milk or half and half
- 2 tsp. seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 2 green onions, sliced, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the potatoes and pierce them with a fork. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until soft like a baked potato.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scrape out the insides of the potato into a mixing bowl. Leave a small layer of the potato in the potato skin and be careful to leave the potato shell in one piece. Place shells back on the baking sheet.
- Using your mixer or a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the butter and sour cream. Add the cheese, milk, seasoned salt and black and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells, dividing the mixture evenly.
- Return the potatoes to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with bacon and green onions if desired.