When I was planning my #30daysofdairy recipe posts I put out a call to my family and friends. One of my dear friends Emily Caldwell sent me this great recipe! I had never had this until I made it and we all really enjoyed it in our house. Did I have any doubt that it would be good? Absolutely not but we really loved these potatoes and I will be making them again soon, maybe even tomorrow!
Special thanks for the Caldwell family for a new potato staple recipe!
- 8 large potatoes, left whole with skins on
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- ½ lb. bacon . chopped, do not fry
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion (I used ½ of a small onion)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Olives (optional)
- Boil whole potatoes in a large pot for about 15-20 minutes until soft. Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once potatoes are cool cut potatoes in 1 inch cubes with skins left on.
- Mix potatoes, Velveeta cubes, chopped bacon, minced onions, Miracle Whip, salt and pepper together in a large mixing. Place in a greased 13x9-inch pan. Top with sliced olives if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.