I had never made Pimento Cheese Spread before making it for this #30daysofdairy post. I had purchased some Pimento Cheese Spread a few weeks ago and thought to myself I’m sure I could make this. I always have tons of cheese in my fridge (maybe a bit too much if that’s possible) and I have home canned pimentos in my cupboard so I gave it a shot.
It was easy to make and delicious! Serve the Pimento Cheese Spread with crackers or vegetables or you can even use the spread on sandwiches or in a grilled cheese!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 4 oz. can of diced pimentos (I used pimentos that I had canned last summer and used about ½ cup)
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. Make sure the mixture is well mixed by scraping down the edges of the bowl.
- Put Pimento Cheese spread into a small dish and refrigerate. Serve with crackers or vegetables or make sandwiches or grilled cheese with it.