Yesterday was our dear friends wedding and in Western Pennsylvania they have the cookie table at weddings. So in honor of the wedding and Father’s Day I am sharing one of Clayton’s favorite cookies which is Pecan Tassies as the feature for day 19 of #30daysofdairy!
These are a holiday favorite in our house but can be enjoyed all year long! I always make a double batch or even a triple when making these cookies!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
- Powdered sugar (optional for on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For tart shells, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add flour; mix until a soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls of dough into ungreased cups of a mini-muffin pan. Shape dough into dough cups until the dough rises above the top of the cup using your thumb or with a mini-tart shaper.
- For filling, place butter in a microwavable bowl and microwave until melted (20-30 seconds). Stir in brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Finely chop pecans and add to filling, mixing well.
- Fill each tart shell with a scoop of filling (do not overfill).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool in pan 3 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.