Spaghetti and meatballs are an absolute classic comfort food! There is no doubt about that! And in our home we love this classic dish.
These meatballs are stuffed with mozzarella cheese and cooked in a slow cooker making them delicious and easy on a busy schedule. I make these up the night before, fry the meatballs and refrigerate them overnight, so in the morning I can place them in the slow cooker and they are ready for our lunch! Serve these on top of spaghetti, with a fresh salad and garlic bread and you have a fabulous, comfort meal!
I have finished cooking these on stove in a pot of sauce if you are in more of a hurry to finishing the cooking process!
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh basil (can use dried)
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley (can use dried)
- ½ tsp. fresh oregano (can use dried)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- ½ lb. mozzarella block, cut into small squares
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 jars of your favorite tomato pasta sauce (I use my own homemade sauce)
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- In large bowl, mix beef, pork, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and eggs. Shape into 14 to 16 (2-inch) meatballs. Press 1 small mozzarella cube into center of each meatball, sealing it inside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook just until browned on all sides.
- Pour 1 jar of the pasta sauce into 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Carefully place browned meatballs over sauce. Pour second jar of pasta sauce over meatballs.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- When about 15 minutes are left, cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked spaghetti.