Today is June 1st and that means that June is Dairy Month is finally here! Like last year I am kicking off another year of 30 Days of Dairy (here was last year’s) where I will post a new recipe to my blog each day of June.
It’s been awhile since I have posted new recipes because well, I had a baby and lost all motivation and time to blog! But I am back and bringing you 30 new recipes! Follow along with my 30 Days of Dairy here! I have a long way to go to make it to 30 new recipes to share with you, and no they aren’t all newly created recipes but they are new to this page! Some are recipes I made for the first time myself. I hope you enjoy this year’s 30 Days of Dairy!
During strawberry season I always love to eat Strawberry Shortcake with real whipped cream. My Mom and Grandma always whipped up this Hot Milk Sponge Cake and I thought I’d share this simple and easy recipe with you since I have fresh strawberries in my fridge! Delicious served plain with powdered sugar on it too. However you serve this be sure to include a glass of cold milk to accompany it because after all today is World Milk Day! So a raise a glass today and everyday.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan. Preheat over to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed with electric mixer for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Do not heat too hot. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.) Cool on a wire rack.