In case you can’t tell I love pasta, any kind of pasta, and cheese, any kind of cheese! So Fettuccine Alfredo is a hit in our house. The blend of butter, heavy cream and Parmesan Cheese make this an easy winner for my #30daysofdairy recipe collection.
This easy pasta dish is not one to be scared of. It can be served solo as a main dish plain or with chicken or shrimp as a topper, or can be served as a side dish.
- 1 lb. fettuccine pasta (dry or fresh)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook according to package instructions until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter into cream over low heat. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese over low heat and stir until melted. The cheese will thicken the sauce some.
- Add the pasta to sauce in saucepan and toss gently to coat pasta. (I usually add ¾ of the pasta and toss. Then check if more pasta is needed so that the sauce is used but too much pasta is not used.) Serve immediately.