This is a summer staple in our home and one of the first meal I make every year with our homegrown zucchini. Clayton and I are able to nearly finish a whole pie for dinner and it’s all we eat! We love this pie! I got a basic recipe for this from Clayton’s aunt and have added to it over the years.
It would make a great side dish to any grilled summer meal or as I said before could be a meal in itself. ENJOY this pie warm straight out of the oven!
- 1 pie crust, homemade or prepared
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, 2-3 cups, diced
- 1 small or medium onion, diced
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, 2 cups, halved
- fresh or dried oregano
- fresh or dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Bake pie crust per instructions on prepared pie crust box or via your favorite pie crust recipe.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and saute zucchini and onion for 3-5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add zucchini mixture to baked pie shell.
- In a small bowl, mix together mozzarella and mayonnaise.
- Turn oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 30-35 minutes.