I love making this creamy zucchini recipe each summer. It’s actually one of those sides that I love to eat in the fall or winter too as it’s rich, hearty and delicious, if only I had fresh zucchini then!
Author: Renée Norman-Kenny
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium zucchini (green or yellow), sliced into ¼ inch round
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
- ½ cup panko
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute the onions, and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 minutes until zucchini becomes tender..
- Add heavy cream, and cook until thickened, about 4 more minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Grease a 1½ or 2-quart baking dish and spoon mixture into a pan. Sprinkle panko and remaining Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until top is golden brown.