I love cheesy risotto. So much that when I was pregnant with Landon and got this served to me, I ate just this and ordered a second order to take home. It was worth every pound!
I have been making this since and love it as a side or sometimes just as a special treat for myself. You can substitute different cheeses in the recipe but these give it the best taste from what I have tasted so far.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ lb. arborio rice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- salt and pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley
- In a large pan, put the chicken stock and minced garlic in and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice and simmer for 18 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the mixture is creamy and bubbly.
- Add the butter, heavy cream and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley.