Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is one dessert that I love and have been craving this pregnancy! I knew this was a recipe I needed to post for my #30daysofdairy recipes!
If you haven’t had this before you need to make it! It seems to be more popular in western Pennsylvania than it was in my original neck of the woods and I am not complaining one bit about that! I’ve only made it a handful of times and each time it turns out delicious, maybe not the prettiest but it tastes good! Someday I’ll learn all the tricks to the perfect Strawberry Pretzel Dessert, in the meantime you need to make this!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 pkgs. (16 oz. each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed, or fresh strawberries
- Combine the pretzels, butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Press crust mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar until smooth in a mixing bowl.
- Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl.
- Stir in strawberries with syrup; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling.
- Chill for 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares and enjoy!