I have always loved Spinach Artichoke Dip and several years ago I combined several different recipes to create a recipe that we love for this dip. Among our friends it is very popular and often requested by friends when we are hosting or attending a party.
You can spice up the dish by adding the hot pepper flakes or hot sauce, I tend not to add those if making it for a group. But if I whip up a small bowl for our house for a game afternoon, I’ll tend to add it. I think the flavor it adds.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tsp. hot pepper flakes or hot sauce (optional if you like it spicier)
- Tortilla chips, Bread or Pita Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1½ cup mozzarella, sour cream, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, pepper, garlic, artichokes, cream cheese and spinach in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into a 1½ quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly, golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips, bread, pita chips, or really anything you would like as a dipper!