We love the Buster Bar Ice Cream Dessert but sometimes I want to switch things up so I did just that with this recipe! I love salted caramel and pretzel anything so I came up with an idea for this recipe and ran with it!
This combo is the perfect mix and great to make ahead for visitors! If you love caramel, nuts and ice cream you should check this out. I think I just saw Clayton get a second serving! 🙂
- 1 package shortbread cookies, crushed (I use Keebler Sandies Pecan Shortbread Cookies)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 gallon caramel ice cream, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 (5 oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (or your favorite nut - cashews, peanuts, etc.)
- 1 (12 oz.) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- Crush 1 package of shortbread cookies (could use food processor) and mix in melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Freeze crust for 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over cookie crust. (If using hard ice cream you can cut a square sized ice cream into equal strips.) P
- Cover and freeze 1-2 hours or until set.
- Combine all of the fudge topping ingredients except for vanilla in a 2 quart saucepan - combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 to 9 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Pour cooled fudge layer mixture over frozen ice cream.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- When ready to serve let dessert stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving. Top with pecans and drizzle with caramel topping.
- Cut into servings and ENJOY!