This Roasted Parmesan Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables and sides. We love asparagus any way you serve it and if you add cheese, it’s just always better.
I have a few tips. The first is on how to trim asparagus. When you bend an asparagus spear, it snaps at exactly the spot where the tough stalk meets the tender spear. Simply snap the ends off of your asparagus. If you need to save time, grab several spears at once, grasping the stems in one hand and the bottoms in the other. Please NEVER use a knife because you may be cutting off more of the tender spear than you need to or maybe you are not trimming off enough and will have tough asparagus.
The next tip is cover your 10.5 x 15.5 inch jelly roll pan or 13 x 9 inch pan in foil before you grease the pan. It was save on your clean up time and don’t we all need time savers.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, washed and snap the ends off
- ¼ cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, drizzled over asparagus
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray the a 10.5 x 15.5 inch jelly roll pan or 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place the asparagus in the dish and lightly drizzle the spears with olive oil.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
- Roast in oven until a fork easily punctures the thickest part of stem. About 12 minutes.