For a quick dinner or lunch, I always love throwing together this pasta recipe. It takes a little time to make but the result is amazing. I’ve even made two and froze one for another time.
I like to use sausage and pepperoni as my meat but you can use ground beef or whatever your favorite pizza toppings are. I also like to add peppers and onions but you can leave them out or even add spinach, mushrooms, or olives. This recipe is customizable to your favorites as is any recipe if you choose.
- 1 package (1 pound) uncooked bowtie or small pasta
- ½ pound sausage (or could use ground beef)
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar (29 ounces) tomato sauce or (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 inch x 9 inch baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add in the green pepper and onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomato sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper. Lastly stir in the cooked pasta. Pour mixture into your baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and ½ cup remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.