Happy National Pie Day!
I married into a family that loves PIE! They always had pie parties to celebrate Clayton’s Dad and Grandma’s birthdays and we continue this tradition for his Grandma. I am not a fan of making a pie crust, mostly because it scares me,so I like to stick with graham cracker crust pies or refrigerated pie dough! Soon I will tackle the pie crust fear but not today!
I love peanut butter and chocolate anything so it’s only fitting that I love Peanut Butter Pie! I like to make mine with a standard graham cracker crust because I add the chocolate to the top! It’s a good blend of peanut butter, chocolate and graham cracker! I know this pie doesn’t picture the best but I tried! I’ll get a better picture next time I make this pie.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the pie and chocolate to set. And this pie is very rich so enjoy it with a glass of milk.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioners' sugar together until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping until blended.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the pie is set.
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the chocolate with the cream, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely melted. Remove from the heat and cool for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pie from the fridge and pour the chocolate topping over the pie.
- Refrigerate the pie for 2 hours or until the chocolate is set.