Party Mix is something I love to make and keep around the house during the holidays, for parties and well just because! Clayton asked me once if I could make a cheesy party mix and I came up with this delightful mix. I just made our last batch over the weekend and it is almost gone already.
It was the perfect snack for Nora to take in her snack bag to go ride in the tractor with Daddy this weekend too! I do think Daddy enjoyed some too! (see picture below recipe)
- 6 cups Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, or Rice Chex (or a combination)
- 2 cups bite-size pretzel twists
- 2 cups bite-size cheese crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (1 oz.) ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- In an ungreased large roasting pan mix together the Chex cereal, pretzels, cheese crackers and whatever other items you may want to add. Pour the butter over the mixture and stir to coat.
- Add the dry ranch dressing and Parmesan cheese and stir to coat until evenly coated.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container and enjoy.