These potatoes are made in the slow cooker, but I recently made them in the Instant Pot and they turned out just the same deliciousness!
I first made these potatoes when I needed a quick easy side for a party, I think it was my daughter’s baptism and they have become a staple since. I love that I can throw these in the slow cooker and have soft, delicious potatoes in a matter of 4 hours! I make them all the time as an easy side for lunch or dinner, and even better is they are always gone by the time lunch or dinner is over!
I experimented with my Instant Pot and had these babies done in 20 minutes. Man I love that thing, I just need to be better about using it! I added 1/2 cup of chicken stock so I had enough liquid to get the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- 3 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Course salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Place halved potatoes, olive oil, butter, garlic, oregano, basil and parsley into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, or until tender. (Slow cookers do vary in cooking time so check to make sure they are tender.) *In the Instant Pot, I added ½ cup chicken stock and cooked for 20 minutes.*
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.