Here is the final recipe for my 30 Days of Dairy recipes!
Several restaurants serve up chicken like this and it’s always a favorite of mine! I made this up last week and reminded myself why I love this dish. Serve with rice or potatoes, vegetables and you have a delicious meal in no time flat (as long as you remember to marinade the chicken). You can make this by not marinating the chicken too and just season it up before you cook it.
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese or 4 slices
- 8 thick slices of bacon
- 8 Tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl mix together the marinade for the chicken - honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Place chicken breasts in a bag or in a dish with a lid and cover with marinade and allow the chicken to marinate for 6 to 8 hours, if possible.
- You can grill or skillet fry the chicken. Choose your preferred method and cook your chicken breasts until they are done (around 10 minutes but this depends on the thickness of your chicken.) I prefer to grill them but the choice is yours!
- While the chicken breasts are cooking, cook the bacon in a skillet. Once crispy, remove from skillet and drain on paper towel.
- Once the chicken is cooked, top each chicken breast with 2 Tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce, two strips of bacon and ¼ cup of shredded cheese or a slice of cheese. Allow cheese to melt by warming it up on the grill or skillet, or even broiling in the oven for 2-3 minutes.