This classic is a dip recipe that we love as you can add to it or remove as needed. I did not have guacamole and to be honest we aren’t huge guacamole fans so I left that layer off. You can also add diced peppers, black beans, etc. to this dip to put your own spin on it!
It’s a great dip to make ahead of time but I don’t recommend letting it sit longer than 12 hours before serving. If making ahead of time keep it chilled and wait to add the tomatoes. Place them in a storage container already chopped and add the tomatoes when ready to serve.
- 1 9-oz can of refried beans
- ½ packet of taco seasoning
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato or 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sliced pitted black olives
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- In a small bowl, mix together the refried beans and taco seasoning, mix until well combined. Spread onto a 12-inch platter or in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Carefully add a layer of guacamole over the bean mixture, followed by a layer of sour cream .
- Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and olives. Cover and chill until ready to serve.