Growing up this Impossible Custard Pie was always one of my favorite summertime desserts. I love this pie so much that I wait impatiently for Black Raspberries to come ripe just so my Mom could make it, now it’s me making it! When I saw we had ripe berries I got really excited and knew this had to be a #30daysofdairy recipe! I just shared this pie with Nora and she seemed to approve. We may have eaten more then one piece, maybe more than two but who is counting!
This Impossible Custard Pie is usually made with coconut flakes but we have always made it with black raspberries. You can easily substitute coconut for the black raspberries, follow the recipe below. I even made Clayton a personal coconut pie version as he doesn’t love black raspberries like I do!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- ½ cup Bisquick or biscuit mix or self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup black raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 or 10-inch pie pan.
- In a blender, put the milk, cream, Bisquick, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and salt and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into pie pan and sprinkle the black raspberries on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Note: I use black raspberries in my Impossible Custard Pie but many people use coconut. Use 1 cup of coconut flakes in place of raspberries and blend into mixture with blender.