Here is another Kenny family recipe! This Crunchy Ice Cream Dessert is a breeze to make and the perfect blend of crunchy and sweet. The next time I make this I think Clayton will be making it because it’s that easy!
The first time I tried this I thought, it can’t be that special oh but it’s delicious! We might be keeping a container of this in the freezer for the rest of my pregnancy! 🙂
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3½ cups crushed Rice Chex cereal (measure after crushing)
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup peanuts, almonds or cashew, chopped, optional
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for approximately 1 minute or until melted.
- Mix crushed Rice Chex with brown sugar and butter mixture. Add coconut to mixture and add chopped nuts if desired. Mix well.
- Pat half of the Chex mixture into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Layer ice cream on top and sprinkle remaining half mixture on top of that and pat into ice cream. Freeze and enjoy!