We grow both green and yellow zucchinis in our garden. Yes I am certain both are zucchinis. I have this argument with people often and they both taste the same just the color is different. My mom always grew summer squash is slightly different and this is how we prepared those too,
I love these battered and fried zucchini and they made a great vegetables to go with grilled chicken or steak, kabobs, or any summer meal!
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- vegetable oil
- Combine egg and milk together in a small bowl, beat well.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Dip zucchini rounds first in flour, then in the egg mixture, and dredge back in the flour mixture.
- Heat ½ inch of vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Carefully place the zucchini into the oil, and fry until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until crisp.
- Remove the zucchini from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate. Season with more salt if needed, cool slightly and serve.