We love this Buster Bar Ice Cream Dessert and Clayton’s Aunt Marlene has made it several times for gatherings. If you’ve ever had Buster Bars at Dairy Queen you know what I am talking about.
This combo of peanuts, chocolate and ice cream is to die for! This is great to make for visitors as you make it up and have it ready to go in your freezer.
I’ll be right back I need to go get a piece!
- 1 (14.3 oz) package Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cup evaporated milk
- Crush 1 package of Oreo cookies (could use food processor) and mix in melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Freeze crust for 10 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over cookie crust. (If using hard ice cream you can cut a square sized vanilla ice cream into equal strips.) Press salted peanuts into ice cream.
- Freeze until solid about 1 to 2 hours. Cover and freeze 1-2 hours or until set.
- Combine all of the fudge topping ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan - combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 to 9 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Pour cooled fudge layer mixture over frozen ice cream.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until set.
- When ready to serve let dessert stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving. Cut into servings and ENJOY!