These Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are the perfect sandwich for a Buffalo fan like me or an anti Buffalo saucer like my husband. While Clayton is not a buffalo fan he loves these and doesn’t complain when I make them!
I was making these for this post the same day that Jenny from Prairie Californian posted her own Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches which featured this Blue Cheese Dip. Its the perfect topping to these sandwiches. Or feel free to just use ranch or blue cheese dressing.
I do cook my chicken like this in my Instant Pot!
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, shredded (could use rotisserie chicken and )
- ½ cup of your favorite buffalo wing sauce
- 4 Tablespoons good honey
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Kaiser buns
- Blue Cheese Dip (recipe posted below) or Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Combine chicken, wing sauce, honey and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile separate the buns and place them on a cookie sheet cut side up. Turn oven to broil (high) and toast buns until golden brown (about 2 minutes). Watch them closely.
- Pile each toasted bun with buffalo shredded chicken and serve with the Blue Cheese Dip recipe if you choose
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1½ Tablespoons vinegar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Milk to thin (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. And serve this dip as the dressing for your Buffalo Chicken
- To serve, spread the dip onto the buns and pile on some buffalo chicken! Enjoy!