I was trying to come up with the perfect last #30daysofdairy recipe. I really couldn’t decide but finally settled on these Black Bottom Cupcakes. These are a family favorite from my family and were a new treat for Clayton to enjoy.
I love making these when I can’t decide between something chocolately or cream cheesy like cheesecake! These cupcakes have a cream cheese center and when balanced with the chocolate cake they are delightful!
I truly hope you have enjoyed my #30daysofdairy posts and now I will not cook for another 2 months (ok probably 2 days)! 🙂
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt; beat well, stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together and stir in water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla; beat well.
- Place individual cupcake wrappers in a cupcake pan. Fill the cupcake wrappers ⅓ full with the chocolate batter. (I use my large or medium cookie scoop)
- Top each chocolate batter with a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture (I use my small cookie scoop).
- Top each cupcake with a sprinkle of sugar and a few sliced chopped almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.