Today’s 30 Day of Dairy recipe is Beef Stroganoff. I love this easy and wonderful recipe that I make often for our lunch with the farm crew. In about 30 to 40 minutes I can have it on the table and it is a hearty meal too. I love using ground beef for stroganoff because it is so easy to thaw and prepare. I also enjoy the creaminess of the beef mixture over the noodles. I hope you enjoy this comfort food favorite of ours!
I sometimes do use the mushrooms but I am not a huge mushroom fans, so often I will serve them on the side.
- 1 (12 oz.) package egg noodles
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (optional)
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add diced onion (and sliced mushrooms, if using) and cook until mushrooms are soft and onions are soft and translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add the ground beef to skillet and cook and crumble until brown. Drain off any grease.
- Sprinkle flour over the cooked beef and cook for 1 minute. Then pour in beef broth. Stir and continue to cook until mixture thickens.
- Add the onions and mushrooms back in to skillet then gently stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve warm and enjoy and garnish with fresh chopped parsley