Quick and easy macaroni and cheese doesn’t have to come in the form of a small blue box. This quick recipe can be prepared in 15 minutes and is full of flavor and real cheese! While the pasta is cooking I like to start the cheese sauce so everything is cooked in 15 minutes. Or if you want to limit the dishes you need to wash you can use the same pan.
I love macaroni and cheese and when in a hurry I can whip it up in no time at all! I am hoping that by sharing this quick recipe, you too can be saved from using a prepared mix and can enjoy REAL cheese and shells!
- ½ pound small shells pasta or any small pasta shapes
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar, colby, or any of your favorite cheese variety
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour. Mixture will thicken.
- Turn heat to medium and slowly whisk in the milk. Allow milk mixture to thicken slightly.
- Add in the cheese, pepper and salt. Allow to melt and whisk together.
- Drain pasta and stir pasta into the cheese sauce.